Genuine Ayurveda Panchakarma treatment at Sanjeevani Ayurveda helps you in treating your pain and gives you lasting relief. It rehabilitates the Vata, tones up the muscle and nerve and brings back the normal life of the patient.
Ela or Ila or Patra means leaves; Kizhi or Pinda means bolus; Swedam means sudation. It is one of the major sudation process using herbal leaves, practised by Vaidyas (physicians) in Kerala. It is highly effective in ailments affecting bones, joints and the nervous system.
The leaves which are having Vata pacifying property are collected freshly. They are chopped and mixed with grated coconut, lemon, turmeric rock salt etc. depending on the condition. The mixture is fried in plain sesame oil or other medicated oil as per the requirement. They are divided into four equal parts and tied in a linen cloth in the form of boluses. Then the massage is given with warm boluses.
Patra Pinda Swedam is effective in the following conditions:
- Neurological disorders
- Chronic back pain
- Lumbar spondylitis
- Cervical spondylitis
- Sprains and cramps
- Sports injuries
- Post traumatic dysfunctions
Very effective for:
- Certain types of neurological conditions,
- Certain conditions in Arthritis caused due to block of Vata by Kapha.
- Overweight, obesity & some types of acute pains like sciatica, lumbago etc.
Njavara in Malayalam stands for the rice (Shashtika Shali in Sanskrit) that grows in 60 days; Kizhi (Pinda in Sanskrit) stands for bolus. Njavara is an indigenous variety of rice grown in Kerala, having medicinal properties. It is a unique treatment procedure practised by Kerala Ayurveda physicians. Kerala Ayurveda massage therapy for back pain in Dwarka.
A generous amount of medicated oil is applied over the head and body. Then the body is massaged with a warm muslin bag bolus containing Njavara rice puddings cooked in the herbal decoction. The boluses are dipped in the mixture of warm milk and herbal decoctions when they cool down thus inducing sedation. At the end of the procedure, the rice paste sticking over the body is removed.
- Makes the body supple and removes stiffness
- Calms the mind and reduces the stress
- Promotes sound sleep
- Boosts the immune system and slows the ageing process
- Enhances body nourishment and rejuvenates
- Improves lustre and texture of the skin
- Sharpens the sense organs
- Strengthens and nourishes the nervous system
The procedure is found effective in:
- Reduced mobility
- Low backache
- Cervical myelopathy
Kaya Seka or Sarvanga Dhara or Pizhichil is a special treatment procedure followed by traditional vaidyas (physicians) of Kerala. The word Pizhichil in the Malayalam language literally means “squeezing”. Here the whole body is bathed in streams of lukewarm medicated oil with a simultaneous soft massage.
This Ayurveda’s Royal Treatment is famously called the “treatment for aristocrats” because the treatment was especially offered to the king in ancient times.
In this treatment, the clothes are soaked in warm medicated oil and then squeezed on to the person’s body from a height of 20 to 24 cms, so that oil flows in a continuous single-stream along with the thumb, in a downward direction.
- Relieves body pain and muscle spasms
- Helps in healing bone injuries
- Increases immunity and prolongs the life span
- Promotes normal development of muscle mass
- Improves skin complexion
- Has anti-ageing treatment
- Improves blood circulation
- A very soothing, relaxing and rejuvenating treatment
It is very effective in the following conditions:
- Neurological disorders
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Burning sensation all over the body
- Nervous weakness
- Sexual weakness
- Rheumatic diseases
- Paralysis (Hemiplegia and paraplegia)
- Parkinson’s disease
A thick layer of cotton soaked with warm medicated oil is applied over the affected area. The oil is recycled periodically to make it warm.
This therapy is very effective for degenerative and painful problems like Back pain, prolapsed discs, Osteoarthritis, Spondylitis, sprain & injuries etc.
The duration and type of medicines used are decided by the physician based on the person’s body nature and condition. However, in most cases, the therapy is continued for 7 to 14 days and gives effective results.
Kativasti is a special type of low back therapy or lumbar therapy. The word Kati stands for low back or waist and Vasti, for containing or retaining something inside. Kativasti is an Ayurvedic lumbo-sacral rejuvenation therapy using hot oil or herbal decoctions. One can achieve both local oleation and sudation by this procedure.
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Deeply purifies and improves blood circulation around the lumbosacral area
- Removes rigidity and spasm of muscles around the lumbosacral region
- Nourishes and strengthens the bones, connective tissues, ligaments, nerves, muscles of the lumbosacral region
- Lubricates the joints
The knee joint is called Janu Sandhi in Sanskrit; hence the name Janu Vasti is given to the procedure done on knee joints. In this, the knee joint is bathed with warm medicated oil or freshly prepared herbal decoction. Depending on the condition it can be practised over both the knee joints or on one knee joint. So the Janu Vasti is specialized knee therapy or massage which rejuvenates the Knee joint.
- Restores the lubricating fluid in the joint and maintain the integrity of the structures involved in the joint.
- Removes stiffness and pain in the Knee joint
- Protects knee joints from age-related changes
- Increases blood circulation; thus strengthens and nourishes the knee joints
- Improves the mobility of the knee joints (knee flexion and knee extension)
It is indicated in the following conditions:
- Osteoarthritis of knee joints
- Arthrosis of knee joints
- Chronic pain of the knee joint
The word Greeva refers to neck and Basti stands for container or retaining something inside. It is Ayurvedic neck care and basically a hot oil therapy. Greeva Basti is bathing the neck region with medicated oil or freshly prepared herbal decoction. The procedure does oleation and sudation around the neck region simultaneously.
Due to present-day lifestyle which involves continued and glued sitting position and lack of body movements the problems of the spine, muscles and skeletal tissues of neck and shoulder arise. Greeva Basti addresses these issues effectively.
- Relieves the burden of stress and congestion in nerves, bones and muscles of the neck and shoulders and thus relaxing and rejuvenating them
- Improves flexibility and brings smooth movement
- Improves circulation around the neck and shoulder region.
Greeva Basti gives relief from the following conditions:
- Cervical spondylosis, cervical spondylitis,
- Tingling, numbness of the hands
- Compression fractures
- Chronic pain in the neck region
- Frozen shoulder
Upanaham therapy is a treatment for the joints of the body to relieve stiffness, pain, swelling, and fractures through localized perspiration. It is accomplished using a paste of herbal oils and powders, medicated leaves, and a cotton bandage.
In this treatment, a warm herbal paste is thickly applied over the affected area. Herbal leaves are placed over the paste and then bandaged with a cotton cloth. It is retained in the area for at least six hours.
- Relieves localised pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Promotes better circulation by removing stagnant blood, fluids and toxins from the injured area.
- Improves muscle flexibility and joint mobility.
- Localised pain, swelling and inflammation
- Strains and sprains
- Joint injuries
Lepam Ayurvedic treatment is an Ayurvedic treatment for skincare that is known to be helpful in treating a host of skin conditions. Lepam treatment is also anti-inflammatory and helps to provide relief from pain caused by inflammation and to reduce swelling of the affected part.
The procedure involves the use of a paste made from herbs that are applied to the affected body part.
The Lepam is made by mixing the herbal powders in a medium, which is usually herbal oil, milk, water used to wash rice or a decoction. The paste is applied to the area to be treated.
The Lepam works like a skin scrub. It helps to cleanse the skin and make it smooth. The herbs in the Lepam help to improve blood circulation and nourish the skin. The medicinal properties of the herbs ensure that any vitiated Doshas are balanced leading to the effective management of the skin condition.
Those suffering from pain and inflammation will experience relief after this procedure as the lepam has analgesic properties to relieve pain and it also reduces inflammation. The procedure leads to the nourishment of the tissues thus leading to overall health improvement.