The general treatment is referred and or advised to most of the and covers the main areas of the body that will cover most of your healing journey with us.
Therapeutic massage with medicated oils
Abhyangam is a Sanskrit word, which means application of oil all over the body. It is relaxing and refreshing full body massage with medicated herbal oils to take care of physical, mental, emotional well being of the person while balancing the doshas. Ancient Ayurvedic text books recommend this as an integral part of the daily routine to all who wish good health and longevity of life.
Abhyangam is performed over a specially designed wooden table (Droni) by trained masseurs. The sesame oil processed with various herbs is selected based on person’s doshic type. An Ayurvedic physician can access this and decide the appropriate oils and exact way of massage. After the procedure the person is directed to take herbal steam bath.
Benefits of Abhyangam:
- Subsides ailments caused by Vata dosha and Kapha dosha
- Removes fatigue
- Improves eyesight
- Induces longevity
- Induces sleep
- Provides resistance against diseases
- Improves complexion and lustre of the skin
- Increases physical strength
- Delays ageing
Padabhyanga is an Ayurvedic foot massage (Pada=foot and Abhyanga=massage) that is soothing, revitalizing, calming and balancing various disturbances of the autonomic nervous system. It is basically explained as a daily ritual especially before retiring at night.
Ayurveda says that five marmas ( vital areas) out of 107 marmas are located in each foot. The feet are a very important part of our body as it contains many nerve endings. Padabhyanga releases negative energy from these marmas.
- Helps to calm the mind
- Relaxes and revitalizes the central nervous system
- Helps maintain eyesight and hearing
- Promotes quality sleep
- Improves peripheral circulation
- Removes fatigue of the lower limbs
- Helps to prevent sciatica
- Removes contraction of the ligaments, vessels and muscles of the feet
- Provides sturdiness to the limbs
It is useful in the following conditions:
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Hemiplegia and paraplegia
- Sprains, cramps, numbness of the feet and legs
- Roughness and cracking of feet.
Ayurvedic beauty care
As a holistic health science Ayurveda relates to every aspect of the mind, body and soul, it considers beauty as an intimate part of the human personality.
The best part of this holistic program is removing all the toxic wastes from the body and uplifting the purification process which lays emphasis on internal beauty. Since there is a sense of mental peace and tranquillity which is reflected by the appearance disguised with cosmetics.
One of the most important reasons for the increasing use of Ayurveda in beauty and skincare is that this system can clearly bring out clear, glowing skin together with happiness and relaxation which otherwise cannot be achieved by cosmetics.
Ayurvedic beauty care deals with
- Increasing hair growth
- Improving eyesight
- Foot care
Herbal Powder Massage
Udwarthanam is a special therapeutic deep tissue massage using a combination of herbal powders or paste. This massage involves upward stroking, where the powder is rubbed forcibly on the body.
The herbal powder is warmed by heating. The massage is done in the opposite direction to hair follicles by two therapists. The procedure is performed in seven postures. After completion the person is advised to take a rest for 30 minutes, followed by a shower with warm water.
The dry powder massage is very useful in the following conditions
- Muscular dystrophy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Skin diseases
- Reduces the excess fat accumulated in the subcutaneous tissues
- Softens and exfoliates dead skin cells, thereby giving a lustrous glow to the skin
- Detoxification, purification, toning the skin
- Eliminates bad body odour
- Improves mobility of joints
- Strengthens and tones up the muscles
- Refreshes and rejuvenates the body
- Takes care of conditions due to improper blood supply
- Improves circulation; opens up the body channels, increasing the basal metabolic rate.
- Tones up the skin and muscles after the childbirth
- Removes cellulite and helps in weight reduction
- Improves the sense of touch
- Makes the body and mind alert; gives a sense of lightness of the body
- Reduces blood cholesterol
Medicated steam bath
Swedanam is a traditional steam therapy designed to open tissues with the saturation of heat and moisture. Deep-seated toxins are released through the pores of the skin, thereby reducing inflammation, improving circulation. It promotes healing & restoration.
Note: Generally Swedanam is done after Abyangam.
It is the pre-operative procedure in various Ayurvedic detox therapies where the objective is to dilate the channels of the body to detach the toxins from the tissues. Herbs are selected depending on the condition and doshic predominance. Treatment is continued till the forehead and abdomen sweat very well.
- Detaches toxins; expels them through the tiny pores of the skin along with sweat
- Increases circulation; reduces inflammation
- Revitalizes and rejuvenates the skin
- Improves digestion
- Acts on fat tissues
- Relieves stress
- Eases sore muscles
- Reduces numbness, stiffness, rigidity, heaviness; improves mobility
Choorna Pinda Sweda
This is a type of Swedana Chikitsa (fomentation) wherein medicated powders are made into poultice and used for giving fomentation. The procedure is same as Patra Pinda Sweda.
Very effective for:
- Certain types of neurological conditions,
- Certain conditions in Arthritis caused due to block of Vata by Kapha.
- Overweight, obesity & some types of acute pains like sciatica, lumbago etc.
Dripping of oil on the forehead
It is an amazingly relaxing therapy which uses a steady stream of warm medicated oils (Tail Dhara) or medicated buttermilk (Takra Dhara) using special devices to flow rhythmically across the forehead. This is usually done after Abhyangam. This therapy provides considerable relief from mental stress & psychosomatic disorders. It soothes your body and mind & induces sound sleep.
Duration of treatment: 45 minutes
Beneficial for the following conditions:
- Premature greying of hairs
- Infirmity and emaciation
- Lack of vitality
- Pricking pains of palms and soles
- Diabetic neuropathy
- ENT diseases
- Alleviate Vata, pitta & kapha
- Improving the power of all sense organs
Nasyam therapy is an Ayurvedic therapy that involves administering medications and herbal extracts through the nasal cavity to treat different complications affecting the region above the shoulder. It is an essential part of the five detoxification therapies in Ayurveda called the Panchakarma treatment. When carried out systematically, Nasya treatment can work wonders to control migraine headaches, sinusitis, congestions in breathing, infections, and various other problems.
- Effectively treats headaches, migraine, and conditions like cervical spondylosis.
- Strengthens the immune system and the sense organs.
- Stimulates the centres of the brain that regulate emotions and relieves stress.
- Improves skin complexion, hair health, and texture, and prevents premature greying.
- Nasyam benefits brain function and may help in the management of paralysis.
- Helps in the treatment of disorders that occur with age like muscle and joint pain.
- Enhances the sense of organs’ activity and protects the individual from brain diseases.
- Smoothens your nasal passage; treats nasal allergies and polyps.
- Removes toxins from the head and neck area.
- Prevents goitre, tonsillitis, and motor disorders.